Commander, Spec Op Dir; by email, TOP SECRET
Abridged Minutes of Meeting Earlier Today
FAO Operation PsyCoChemManip
Fri, 12/06/09, 1548h
- Full minutes will be circulated as usual, but I want to record the main decisions to be implemented with immediate effect.
- The death of Subject A27 will be recorded as secondary to Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, aka HOCM, of which there was no clinical evidence in his physical examination on arrival at “The Complex”. This disorder is characterised by almost no clinical features prior to death.
- “The Project” is now aware of the death of 3 students who have attended “The Complex”, subjects A1, A27 and Z03. Formal inquiries have not made any causal connection between these events.
- Although insufficient subjects have been studied, the performance enhancing effects of the “energy drink” seem to be between 10-30%, both physical and mental activity.
- Confidential internal audit has concluded that the deaths might, albeit at a very low probability, be secondary to use of IC 36 in the drink .
- From a detailed consideration of the research evidence available, IC 36 will be replaced from course #7 commencing 15/06/09. The final decision will be notified though List Alpha no later than 1200h, Saturday, 13/06/09.
Official Unit Log, “The Complex”
Entry By Night Watch Operative Serial 2426
Wed, 17/06/09, 2359h
- All systems fully functional.
- As instructed by acting-director, Central Control has been closely monitoring the current course #7 for any nocturnal behavioural patterns different to previous attendees.
- Four (4) occurrences from this evening, all within 3 hours of the second dose of sports energy drink, have been copied onto video for analysis tomorrow. FREE TEXT “The fact that a couple of female subjects have enjoyed a prolonged and full on snog in bed does not, of itself, mean much other than being the first such observed at The Complex…
EXTRACTS FROM NEWS AGENCIES
FROM LATE Thur,18/06/09, ONWARDS
“A 16 year old male youth was shot dead after refusing to give up or lower his weapon during a stand-off with police after a failed jewellery shop road… A potential Army recruit, named by locals as Frankie Smith, was gunned down despite only having a replica fire-arm… The grieving mother of dead boy Frank Smith claims her son was “totally changed” after attending a Special Recruit Assessment week at “The Complex” near Liverpool… (Note to Editors; Background to The Complex was given in HMG central press briefing, available on request)
Transcript of Mobile Phone Message
Recipient Dr Mike Ridge.
Sun, 21/06/09; 1638h
“Hello there, I hope that this is the answer-phone of Dr Mike Ridge? Sorry to bother you on father’s day and all that. I’ve been given your details by a colleague. I need some urgent advice about the jewellery shop raider killed a few days ago. I’m the solicitor who represents his mother. Could you return may call as soon as you can? Many thanks!”